Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul the work of the soul, and good for either the work of the other.
~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Kelly's Kooking

I've been into roasting veggies lately, especially because they taste so good with my new favorite food, baba ghanoush.  Everything tastes better with baba!  I haven't made it myself yet--we pick ours up on the way home from work @ Byblos market because they're really nice and they know how to make some good baba.  An easy gourmet snack is carrots, squash, or zucchini (raw or roasted) dipped in baba with some fresh goat cheese or feta added to it.

So the other night, I roasted cauliflower (Jon's new favorite) and it came out great.  Simple, fresh, and packed with nature's goodness.  And then, last night, I roasted the "lucky" cabbage Martha Stewart style and we both loved it!

Here are the recipes:

Roasted Cauliflower

Roasted Cabbage Wedges

Baba Ghanoush


No comments:

Post a Comment